i completely agree with you Oliver!

i said already that i think that sync-rpc is a really bad idea in this
case. which was already addressed in detail by you and others.

my point was against the spirit of the gwt team to do not give the
developer the choice to use sync requests if he wants to.
it is like never letting a child to cross the street alone instead of
teaching him to watch out.

what we need is better developers and the way to achieve that is to do
mistakes and be willing to learn, and not a tool that tells you "i do
not allow you to do that because it *might* be a bad idea"...

regards,
Michael