At the end of the day, the GWT community will benefit from the book.
For whatever reasons Chris is writing the book I am certain they are
justified and reasonable and I am sure he will be able to provide the
GWT community some valuable insight outside of buying the book.

yes, books may be a little behind development especially at the rate
GWT is coming along. So it is understandable that you would prefer to
have some more agile and publicly available documentation going on.

So your argument is understandable but this is probably not the worst
thing ever. A more appropriate response may be to continue to
highlight the contributions of people and make specific requests to be
addressed.