I think it's fair enough for a developer of the framework to write a
book. This gives a more comprehensive insight in the framework. Buying
a book is a choice to be exercised by us . No one forces us.

If it is well written and worth it why not buy it.

As far as documentation goes, I do agree that with GWT that's a
problem. Actually at time I think it's not the lack of documentation
but the comprehensive coverage at some common location. Another
problem with jet speed the framework is evolving. It's difficult to
keep pace for the documentation (I am a developer and I know how hard
it is)

All said and done, I do not see a reason for why to get pissed off for
a developer writing a book.

And whenever we have some tutorial/example to share let's do it.