I came across a weird situation yesterday where if I compressed my
nocache.js file after deploying my app, IE 6 fails to start the GWT
module unless I hit shift-refresh to reload the page.  After doing
that, the page loads fine on further page loads.  This issue didn't
exist in any other browser, including IE 7 and 8.

After telling my server not to gzip nocache.js files everything works
perfectly.  Does anyone have any idea what's going on here with IE 6?

My host page HTML is below, it's an extremely simple jsp.  On startup,
my module loads itself into the search div slot.  In IE 6, nothing
happens. The host page is loaded but no code from my module runs.

            "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>
<head>
<title>Search</title>
#search {
width: 100%;
}
<script type="text/javascript" src="module.nocache.js"></script>
</head>