On Oct 5, 4:40 pm, Flan Brody <flannanbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> "GWT in Action" has an excellent chapter about "Event Handling". It's an old
> book, probably 2007 and GWT 1.6 but as far as I can tell from looking at the
> 2.1.M3 API (*com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Widget) *alot of this hasn't
> changed much, if at all
>
> I read somewhere that in 2.0 Listeners became handlers,*

That was GWT 1.6 actually. Listeners are deprecated since then. The
original plan was to remove them in 2.0 but they're finally still
there, and will probably last a bit of time (there's also an history
in GWT that nothing had ever been removed...)

> Does any know how much the event handling has changed since 1.6?*

It hasn't. It might change a bit in a future release (was initially
planned for 2.1 but won't do it) but onyl at a lower level. The
com.google.gwt.event.* public API won't change any time soon I guess.
(note that in 2.1, HandlerManager's internals have changed, but again,
it's low-level, so it's probably only relevant to 0.00001% GWT users)