I've been following the GWT Tutorial -> Google App Engine and
following the Eclipse instructions.  I downloaded and imported the
StockWatcher project from
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/tutorial/projects/GettingStartedAppEngine.zip.
Once I got to the point of testing the UserService features I ran into
problems with the build path.  There were warnings about gwt-
servlet.jar not being the right size, as well as warnings about the
wrong version of a few GAE libraries.  The error in the log was quite
confusing, I've lost it now that its fixed, but it was an RPC issue
with the wrong version of String class.  Googling this pointed out
that the gwt-servlet.jar might be the issue, and upon further research
I found the following link that had the solution:

http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=3626

I had to Remove and re-add the GWT and GAE Libraries in the build
path, as well as clicking on the 'Configure SDK' link.  That appeared
to put the correct jars and versions in WEB-INF/lib, and it worked.

Just FYI in case anyone else has this problem. I'm using Eclipse 3.4,
GWT 2.0.4, and GAE 1.3.5 on Windows 7.