A simple qestion, sorry if it is a FAQ:

Why
  public static <T> T create(Class<?> classLiteral)
and not
  public static <T> T create(Class<T> classLiteral)

the second one would save me from a lot of unnecessary casts (IMHO).
What's worse, I tried to write the helper function:

        @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
        public static <T> T create(Class<T> classLiteral) {
                return (T) GWT.create(classLiteral);
        }

But after a month I discovered that the compiler does not like it at
all (it complains that GWT.create must be called only using class
literals... could be nice if it could find that MY helper is called
with only using  literals...

Is it possible to get a hook into the compiler phase to replace all
invocations of my helper 'inlining' it?

thanks

Alex