Thank you for the reply
I did not know much about GWT-RPC, bay be I should study more before
making questions...
I was aware of the generic call, but looks to me like a cast :)

I was NOT aware of the feature called 'type inference'. I used my IDE
to complete, and noticed that only Object methods were allowed chained
after a GWT.create(), so I thought that I needed a cast to assign to a
variable. Now I readed the java tutorial on Generic Methods and
everything looks much more consistent... I knew about generic methods,
but missing the type inference I always wondered what were they useful
to... :)