What I do in my apps is to support both hashed and "pretty" urls.

So my apps go the same state when launched as http://domain.com/page/1
and as http://domain.com#page/1

When user navigates the app I use the hash urls and History object (as
to not reload the pages). However sometimes it's nice/needed to have a
pretty URL (e.g. for sharing, showing in public, etc..) so I would
provide the pretty URL of the same page.

Michael