Richard,

Agreed, we need better docs on this. All the Eclipse sample projects
are under the eclipse folder in the root dir. You should be able to
import them into Eclipse with File | Import existing project. Or is
that what you're trying?

/dmc

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Richard Hall <richkh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Like my noob friend above, I've also had lots of difficulty trying to
> import GWT sample apps, and other than slowly copy-pasting portions of
> code and reconfiguring, I cannot find any other way to import apps
> like the "Sample Mail app" or others like it.
>
> I absolutely cannot believe that this kind of functionality has been
> overlooked by those smart eclipse / GWT developers.  But I have been
> searching for days for alternatives, without success.  Either it's
> overly obvious or very subtle that I am not "getting it".
>
> I'm running GWT 2.0.4 and Eclipse 3.5.
>
> BTW, The link above seems to be redirected now to an irrelevant
> article.
>
> Any help is appreciated - Thanks,

David Chandler
Developer Programs Engineer, Google Web Toolkit
http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/