the eclipse projects are underneath trunk/eclipse/samples

The samples don't have the GWT nature set for GPE to know that they are GWT
projects. This is partly legacy and partly out of concern for those that
don't use GPE. Thought there has been some talk about modernizing them
(read: GPE'ifying them) recently.