Hello again.
It seems that I get stuck in every step... The thing is that I don´t know
how to use Tomcat for the Development Mode instead of the embedded Jetty.
I´ve been reading lots and lots of docs (including
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideCompilingAndDebugging.html#How_do_I_use_my_own_server_in_development_mode_instead_of_GWT%27s)
but I still haven´t found a way to do it. In my opinion it isn´t well
explained at al, it´s very unclear...
I have arrived to this because, as you said, protecting the host page with a
"servlet FORM authentication" forces me to use Tomcat.
So I need to check that the servlet authentication I am implementing is
right. Therefore, I have to deploy my webapp in Tomcat, BUT I don´t want to
end up re-deploying the application in Tomcat every time I make a little
change in the code.

Any help on this, please?

Than you very much.