Ok. Now I´m configuring the application to authenticata against the embedded
Jetty server wich comes with GWT. Please, correct me if I´m wrong:
 - I have to create a jetty-web.xml in WEB-INF of my gwt application with
the following text:

<Configure class="org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext">
  <Set name="contextPath">/test</Set>
  <Set name="war"><SystemProperty name="jetty.home"
default="."/>/webapps/test</Set>
  <Get name="securityHandler">
    <Set name="userRealm">
      <New class="org.mortbay.jetty.security.HashUserRealm">
        <Set name="name">Test Realm</Set>
        <Set name="config"><SystemProperty name="jetty.home"
default="."/>/etc/realm.properties</Set>
      </New>
    </Set>
  </Get>
</Configure>

And it gives me the following exception:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\workspace\myapp\src\main\webapp\etc\realm.properties (The system cannot
find the path specified)
Of course it does not find the file realm.properties. First, I have no
jetty.home system variable set, and second, what would it be the value of
this system variable??
The thing is, if I want to use HashUserRealm for my webapp authentication,
Jetty looks for a properties file to find the users and their credentials,
but where the hell is that file? Jetty is embedded...

Maybe I´m wrong in something. Please help.