There's been some contention in plugin-futures about allowing plugins
to disable the hang monitors. The current winds are against us in this
cause, and, at least for the short term, this is an annoyance we have
to live with.

I'm assuming you're talking about the chrome plugin here. In that
case, you can launch chrome with --disable-hang-monitor on the command
line (be sure you close all chrome windows first). It would probably
be a good idea to do this with a different user profile that you use
just for GWT (--user-data-dir=/path/to/some/dir) so that your normal
browsing still gets the hang monitor.