I updated my POM per your suggestion but no luck

<plugin>
                                <!-- FIXME Temporary solution as suggested by
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-platform/wiki/UsingGwtpWithMaven?ts=1298053129&updated=UsingGwtpWithMaven#Using_gwt-maven-plugin_with_GWT_2.2_%28temporary%29
-->
                                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                                <artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                                <!--  <version>2.1.0-1</version> -->
                                <version>2.2.0</version>
                                <dependencies>
                                        <dependency>

<groupId>com.google.gwt</groupId>

<artifactId>gwt-user</artifactId>

<version>${gwt.version}</version>
                                        </dependency>
                                        <dependency>

<groupId>com.google.gwt</groupId>

<artifactId>gwt-servlet</artifactId>

<version>${gwt.version}</version>
                                        </dependency>
                                </dependencies>
                                <configuration>

<appEngineVersion>${gae.version}</appEngineVersion>

<appEngineHome>${gae.home}</appEngineHome>

I also verified that i don't have dependency on gwt-dev in normal
<dependencies> section.
And to be safe, i did a Right click -> Maven -> Update dependencies
once again to be sure that dependencies are resolved again.
Any other pointer?
Anyways thanks much for your reply..

-Hari