This is the reason we created the UTCDateBox. We only send a Long back
and forth between the client and server and that Long always
represents midnight in UTC. This avoids confusion when users in
different time zones are choosing dates.

You can see the UTCDateBox demo and source:

http://code.google.com/p/gwt-traction/

Cheers,
Andy