Hi Nick,
Are you saying that the server response is empty or that RequestBuilder does
not recognize the response?
If its the former, the server is not recognizing something in the request
like the browser code headers.
If its the latter, then I would compare the content-type and formatting of
the response with a benchmark response from the eclipse dev tool.
Either way, you'll need to get below just looking at the browser display to
understand & diagnose the communication protocols. I suggest using a logging
proxy server on your test bench to track what is coming and going. MS
Fiddler works well on Windows.
---Stevko

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Nick Apperley <napper...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Using RequestBuilder I can successfully make a request to the
> Glassfish 3.1 server I have setup. The server delivers REST web
> services that involve HTTP GET and POST. Currently I am testing to see
> if I can establish communication between the server and the GWT
> client. What isn't working is getting the correct response for the
> particular web service used (a HTTP GET).
>
> In Firefox with the same web service used it receives the correct
> response which is an XML file. This confirms that the web service is
> working properly. What are the possible causes for an empty response
> from a HTTP request with GWT?

-- A. Stevko