On Thursday, July 7, 2011 5:46:44 PM UTC+2, Eugen Paraschiv wrote:

> Yes, I am aware that if I don't include the tokenizer in the mapping, it
> works fine. The problem with that is that it's an all or nothing solution,
> whereas I'm looking for a programatic way of choosing when the navigation
> should add a new history item and when it should not. It seems to be a very
> simple thing to do - a flag in the PlaceChangeEvent (support for this seems
> to exist in various other gwt projects - GWTP for instance).
> I'll also try to give more detail on my use case:
> I'm navigating to a new Place/Activity with the url looking like this:
> ....abc:null. This page has a list of items, which can be selected, and this
> selection changes the URL as well, adding the id at the end - abc:1, abc:2.
> This happens automatically and so what I'm getting is two events added to
> the history - first abc:null and then, automatically abc:1. That messes with
> the history completely - back now clearly won't work (will go to abc:null).
> So, what I'd like to do is make the first navigation (to abc:null) not add
> it's event to history (because I know that selection will add a history
> entry anyways). If I could do that, then a single entry would end up in
> history and the world will be right again :).

How about fixing the root issue? namely that you're firing a second place
change automatically just after the "abc:null". as I understand it, your
"abc:null" place means "the list of items with the first one selected",
which is different from "the item of id 1, with the list of items where it'd
be selected" (that'd be the definition of "abc:1").