If you (or your customer) can afford  writing 2 different client for the
same application, then a native desktop client(be it Java, C#, or C++) is
good choice.
As for having  your businnes code on the client(desktop). No matter which
language you choose the businnes code will be on the client. So if someone
really really want to crack it he will.
If it s supposed to be the same application  running on 2 different
platforms why not simply reuse code instaed of duplicating it ?