There are two kinds of headhunters:

0. those who answer the phone;
1.  those who don't.

This post is dedicated to the second set.  Those who hide behind
answering machines or rely on bureaucratic receptionists to accept a pie
in face.

We've all seen the botched requirements they produce. Here's an example
for an operating system in which I'm interested

    Extensive COBOL Development and Support including expertise in
    Cobol programming, DCL postscripts

"Postscripts" Isn't that special? At least they put COBOL in all caps. Once.

We get used to such inanities. We shrug. We sigh. Sometimes we call and
perhaps try to correct the error.

Duped by a telephone number on an obscure website, we assume there will
be a response.

To such as these I send a resume the cover letter of which is a buzzword
bingo card. This morning, while trying to get the attention of
Kaztronix, and Smart Synergies, I decided to compose a new buzzword
bingo card. I fired up Emacs, constructed the card and sent it off with
the resume.

Then I realized, someone must have a website that generates these cards.
Sure enough, I found http://lurkertech.com/buzzword-bingo/. As a an
exercise, I've converted the JavaScript to Google Web Toolkit. You can
find the source code at http://code.google.com/p/gwt-buzzword-bingo, and
test the results at http://jchimene.com/BuzzwordBingo.html.

Born out of frustration, as an exercise in "speed conversion", it's not
nearly complete. Nevertheless, it generates a card, and the process took
less than four hours from start to the first version.