On 11/12/2011 10:17 AM, David Vree wrote:
> @Samyem -- Good point about the async RPC...we also had that issue
> when debugging and/or integration testing Flex/Actionscript.
>
> @Jeff -- Your metaphore is correct...to continue it, I'd say I trust
> my Java/C++/C# compilers a lot.  My concern is exactly whether or not
> the GWT compiler has issues.  Do you disable optimizations during
> development or is that for production code too?

I want as little code sent to the client on startup as possible, so I
only disable when there's a problem. Actually, I do not disable
optimization, I recompile with the -STYLE DETAILED argument. This
provides enough detail to work through the behavior with FireBug or
whatever IE provides.

My experience is that I inevitably get bit when I don't test on at least
three different browsers. I usually use the set (Safari, IE, FF). Also,
I don't support IE 6, which decision might not be an option for you.

This technique is separate from the -OPTIMZE, -EA, and -DRAFTCOMPILE
arguments. I haven't seen any issues with optimization.

> @Thomas - Sourcemap  is incredible if it works as advertised....is
> that how Eclipse keeps the Java debugger "in sync" with the browser
> Javascript execution?
>
> Thanks everyone for your answers.

Thanks for continuing the conversation,
jec