I'm an Architect and we have been looking to port our legacy HTML w/ Java
Script based web app  (with java backend) to a next generation web
application. We are a java shop so GWT is very popular with our developers
and I have been so called GWT fan-boy all along.

However, lately I'm strongly considering moving away from GWT. Following
are my observations that are scaring me to start looking for GWT
alternatives:

1. Larry Page has been killing no-so-happening (or revenue generating)
projects from google. I was reading that 30+ projects have already been
killed/shelved ever since Larry became CEO.
  -- I understand the need for this and I also understand that GWT
currently enjoys a healthy developer community.

2. DART - Looks like its the next big thing within google to develop web
applications. As a google outsider, at least this is what it seems like.
Google IO 2012 has no sessions for GWT while DART had several and there is
even a session to convert GWT apps to DART.

3. The latest update to Google Developer portal
(http://developers.google.com) has no direct links to GWT. The web
development section goes to chrome.

I think the GWT team can address some of my concerns but it would be great
if Google's management can stand behind GWT as a platform of choice for web
development - similar to how Microsoft stands behind theirs development
platforms.

AG