I have a similar post. I was trying to do something as simple as when
I click on a refresh button to completely clear my provider and
display the freshly received entities from the server. I haven't had
time to go back and look at it, but I would also be interested in
getting a definitive idea as to what the right approach for reloading
a CellTable should be. I not only want to get say 1000 rows and change
what gets displayed by manipulating the visible range. I am talking
about completely clearing my provider and repopulating it with freshly
received objects. I would think a simple clear() and add() in the
provider would do, but it doesn't seem to be that simple. The provider
clears and adds the new list of objects but the display never updates
it. I tried a handful of things to force a resync of the display and
nothing.

I read a whole lot of stuff online and there seems to be many people
confused in this area. I started to dive in also and investigate in
the code, but never finished it. There are a handful of methods that
all look similar but do different things.

My post can be found at:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/google-web-toolkit/Qbkgk03-cTs

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Alfredo

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Magnus <alpineblas...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I tried to modify the reload method like this, but without success:
>
>  public void reload ()
>  {
>   pvd.updateRowCount (0,true); // avoid to many visible rows
>
>   Range r = tbl.getVisibleRange();
>   tbl.setVisibleRangeAndClearData (r,true);
>
>   loadRecordCount (); // asynchronously load the real record count
>  }
>
> Magnus

> For more options, visit this group at

Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil