Nobody is currently working on it. Perhaps someone should rebuild GWT using
the IBM JDK to see if that's the issue. Setting serialVersionUID in all the
Serializable compiler classes seems like a reasonable idea except that I
wonder why removing the gwtar files didn't help? There shouldn't be
incompatibilities for serialized object created and used in the same JVM.

- Brian