If you use an MVP pattern this should solve your problem. In this pattern
RPCs are issued from the Presenter (Activity in GWT). Each time a user
changes Place (URL) the current Activity is destroyed and a new one is
created by the new Place for the new view. RPC callbacks that point to the
old Activity are discarded silently.

More about places and activities in GWT:

https://developers.google.com/web-toolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideMvpActivitiesAndPlaces