I¹ve been debugging this one some more. It¹s the SQLException that is really
puzzling me.
I also see that it is not the location change per se that is causing it but
navigating to the same #location twice:
* navigating to another location and then back to the same one while the 1st
RPC is still executing
* or reloading the browser page while the 1st RPC is still executing

Thank you for the suggestions.

Need to debug more to see what exactly is happening on the server side in
this situation.