What about using XPath and combining different attributes,e.g

driver.findElement(By.xpath("//div[contains(@class,'menuTitle') and
contains(.,'Register Menu')]"))

 We are using it and are quite happy as it is panel/layout-structure
independent. The performance is not as good as with By.id, but acceptable.