On 2013-04-09, at 8:20 AM, Jens <jens.nehlme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Probably not related but hit a weird issue with FF20 too:
> * undefined in a variable that the Java source (compiled to JS) says should
> be initialised.
> * works fine in all other browsers.
> * works in FF if firebug or the built in debugger turned on...
>
> Sounds like a JIT Compiler issue especially because it goes away when a JS
> debugger is active which often (always?) disables JIT compilation in
> browsers. You can try disabling the JIT compiler in about:config.

Out of curiosity, I tried this with my issue, and no dice. I disabled all four
of the flags containing 'jit' in about:config. Refreshing, quitting didn't
solve the problem, so I did another --safe-mode reset in case it helped clear
some sort of jit-compiler cache, and went back through the process I use to
trigger my problem (load up dev mode, go through a sequence in my app) and
voila, the problem resurfaced as always.

So -- if there is a JIT bug, it either doesn't cause the problem I'm
experiencing, or turning off those four flags is insufficient to stop it from
recurring.

  - Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey Wiseman