Hi all,

I'm having an issue using an implementation of an extended EntityProxy. I
have the setup below, now when I call setBarProxyExt(BarProxyExt
barProxyExt) I get no errors and I am sure that the setBar method is
receiving the correct bar however the field is not set.

This however is not the case if I inside setBarProxyExt(...) I call
setBar(barProxyExt.getBarProxy()) instead of just on the barProxyExt.

Now I'm thinking it may be because the setter is looking for a particular
instance managed by the autobeans. But if that's not the case shouldn't
this work?

Many thanks in advance,

-seth

public interface BarProxy extends EntityProxy{...}
public class BarProxyExt implements BarProxy{
    private BarProxy mutableBarProxy;
    public BarProxy getBarProxy(){
        return mutableBarProxy;

public interface FooProxy extends EntityProxy{
    public BarProxy getBar();
    public void setBar(BarProxy bar);
}

public class FooProxyExt implements FooProxy{
    private FooProxy mutableFooProxy; //this has already been set and is
editable

    @Override
    public BarProxy getBar(){
        return mutableFooProxy.getBar();
    }
    @Override
    public void setBar(BarProxy bar){
        mutableFooProxy.setBar(bar);
    }

    //issue is using this method
    public void setBarProxyExt(BarProxyExt barProxyExt){
        setBar(barProxyExt);