On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:09:44 PM UTC+2, Thomas Käfer wrote:

> how to launch the DevMode from within eclipse on a setup with seperate
> client & server project like your maven-archetype "modular-webapp", without
> using maven?
>
> I'm trying to find this already for a few weeks, but I did not find a
> solution yet.
> Problem with the maven gwt:run launch is, that the client-side code isn't
> debug-able that way --> only server-side with the tomcat7-run can be
> debugged that way..

Yes it is; far from ideal, but it's possible: use gwt:debug instead of
gwt:run, and then attach a debugger to the process; see
http://mojo.codehaus.org/gwt-maven-plugin/debug-mojo.html

I've tried to create an eclipse run configuration analog to my
> single-project setups, but nothing worked so far...

It should be as easy as "Debug As… → Web Application (running on an
external server)" and using http://localhost:8080/ as the "External server
root" and unchecking "Select an HTML page"; assuming you run Tomcat with
"mvn tomcat7:run" (or any other setup such that it serves both
myapp-client/target/myapp-client-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT and
myapp-server/target/myapp-server-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT in the webapp; otherwise
just go edit the launch configuration and change the -war to point to the
myapp-server/target/myapp-server-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT)