compiler-generated source map file in a browser that provides JS stack
traces with column numbers (only Chrome right now) and 2) via stack
emulation for all other browsers.  My project implements both solutions,
along with lots of improvements to their existing implementations in GWT.
 So if anyone is already using any of the following: stack emulation,
symbol maps, source maps, StackTraceDeobfuscator, etc., my patch will make
those things better for you without requiring you to use other pieces that
you don't need.  For example, you could configure it to only use solution
#1: which gives you perfect stack traces for Chrome and doesn't increase
the size of your code.  Or you could additionally enable solution #2, which
will cover all the other browsers, with only 45% overhead in code size for
those other browsers.  Personally, I think that 45% is totally worth it
(especially compared to the 100% overhead incurred in the original
solution), and I'm using it in my app, but if you don't want any overhead,
you can just take the freebie for Chrome and leave the rest as before.

By the way, who wants to try it?  Please get it touch with me (alex at
typeracer.com), and I will email you my patch so you can see for yourself
how awesome it is.