Hi all,

Another general update. Questions, comments, complaints appreciated.

* Server:

  Good news. We seem to be running quite smoothly on the new server
  "poet", and it looks like all the network stuff has transitioned
  over. Yet another drive failed two days ago, but the RAID-10 array
  merely laughed and kept on running. The old machine "zamboni" will
  be taken off line this week.

* Network:

  Mail-Archive's primarily server is now based in a Hurricane Electric
  colocation facility in Fremont, California. While unfortunately we
  no longer enjoy donated bandwidth, we do have a very good arrangement
  with the California Community Colocation Project; they arrange for
  reduced rates for folks like Mail-Archive.

* Money:

  The colocation folks mentioned above is a genuine 501(c)(3)
  non-profit organization. That means people now have the option of
  donating money to them to offet Mail-Archive's bandwidth costs, see
  FAQ[1] for details. My guess is the service will continue to be
  primarily Jeff-funded, but let's see what happens.

* Ice Hockey:

  My recreational ice hockey team will be competing for the "Stanley
  Keg" [2] this coming Thursday. I'm wearing gray #11 in case any
  locals want to show up and cheer. :)

Cheers,
Jeff

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/faq.html#pay