Hi RO,

Thanks for sharing.

The post highlights distinctions between gender bias against insiders versus outsiders. It has implications for projects that are predicated on addressing this kind of systemic bias, such as Blind Code Reviews.  I would encourage anyone with an interest in the topic to read the piece you linked to, it seems to offer a more rigorous reading of the study than other coverage I've seen.

We can still assert that women are under-represented in open source projects compared to the rest of the industry (see my last post) and that there are systemic factors behind that.  The Mozilla team working on D&I in community is already deeply engaged with them [0].

Patrick

0. https://opensource.com/article/17/9/diversity-and-inclusion-innovation