Hi everybody,

Firefox for Android has seen enough changes, both in architecture and staffing, that the GeckoView team believes that it is time to revise and update the modules pertaining to the Android code that lives in mozilla-central. In particular:

1. Since Firefox for Android is now based on Fenix, Android Components, and GeckoView, the Fennec module should be sunset;
2. A new module should be created specifically for GeckoView:

Owner: Agi Sferro
Owner Emeritus: James Willcox (even though we're only formally creating this module now, it seems appropriate)
Peers: Makoto Kato, Aaron Klotz, Dylan Roeh, Eugen Sawin, Irene Storozhko
Source Directory: mobile/android
Bugzilla Component: GeckoView
URLs: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/GeckoView

3. The Widget - Android module is updated with the same owner and peers as the GeckoView module

Absent any objections, I'll follow through with these changes a week from today.

Thanks,

Aaron