(I presume it's OK to bring this discussion back on the public record by adding
gpc-dev@listserv.kumc.edu to the cc list.)

Putting this on the informatics group's todo list at this late stage is not
straightforward. We started collecting data elements for ALS work at the first
hackathon in Feb 2014
(#31<https://informatics.gpcnetwork.org/trac/Project/ticket/31>); at this
point, we're trying to polish up work on the data elements we identified months
ago.

Somebody involved in the ALS work would need to explain the importance of this
data to the research, do a survey of what the sites have (using
babel.gpcnetwork.org), lay out design options, and guide the group to a common
solution. By way of example, #243
procedures<https://informatics.gpcnetwork.org/trac/Project/ticket/243> has such
requirements, survey, and design options. We planned to do procedures all
along; we're just now reconciling approaches across the sites.

The most recent requirement I can remember adding was BMI percentile
(#210<https://informatics.gpcnetwork.org/trac/Project/ticket/210>), and that
discussion started at least 3 months ago. Alex Bokov represented the
requirements of the GPC obesity group and continues to guide the group to a
technical solution.

I don't mind throwing the question(s) out there: who has this data in their
EMR? In i2b2? A prefered design? ETL code to share? Estimates of how long it
would take at your site or another site?

for reference: https://informatics.gpcnetwork.org/trac/Project/ticket/245

--
Dan