Here's where I read about the inter-operability of the two:

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/white-papers/omni-path-storage-white-paper.pdf

This is what Intel says:

In a multi-homed file system server, or in a Lustre Networking (LNet) or IP
router, a single OpenFabrics Al- liance (OFA) software environment supporting
both an Intel OPA HFI and a Mellanox* InfiniBand HCA is required. The OFA
software stack is architected to support multiple tar- geted network types.
Currently, the OFA stack simultaneously supports iWARP for Ethernet, RDMA over
Converged Ethernet (RoCE), and InfiniBand networks, and the Intel OPA network
has been added to that list. As the OS distributions implement their OFA
stacks, it will be validated to simultaneously support both Intel OPA Host

Intel is working closely with the major Linux distributors, including Red Hat*
and SUSE*, to ensure that Intel OPA support is integrated into their OFA
implementation. Once this is accomplished, then simultaneous Mellanox
InfiniBand and Intel OPA support will be present in the standard Linux
distributions.

So it seems as though Intel is relying on the OS vendors to bridge the support gap between them and Mellanox.

-Aaron