Happy New Year everyone,

I’m sure that everyone is aware of Meltdown and Spectre by now … we, like many
other institutions, will be patching for it at the earliest possible
opportunity.

Our understanding is that the most serious of the negative performance impacts
of these patches will be for things like I/O (disk / network) … given that, we
are curious if IBM has any plans for a GPFS update that could help mitigate
those impacts?  Or is there simply nothing that can be done?

If there is a GPFS update planned for this we’d be interested in knowing so
that we could coordinate the kernel and GPFS upgrades on our cluster.

Thanks…

Kevin

P.S.  The “Happy New Year” wasn’t intended as sarcasm … I hope it is a good
year for everyone despite how it’s starting out.  :-O

—
Kevin Buterbaugh - Senior System Administrator
Vanderbilt University - Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
kevin.buterba...@vanderbilt.edu<mailto:kevin.buterba...@vanderbilt.edu> -
(615)875-9633