Hi All,

Since several people have made this same suggestion, let me respond to that.
We did ask the vendor - twice - to do that.  Their response boils down to, “No,
the older version has bugs and we won’t send you a controller with firmware
that we know has bugs in it.”

We have not had a full cluster downtime since the summer of 2016 - and then it
was only a one day downtime to allow the cleaning of our core network switches
after an electrical fire in our data center!  So the firmware on not only our
storage arrays, but our SAN switches as well, it a bit out of date, shall we
say…

That is an issue we need to address internally … our users love us not having
regularly scheduled downtimes quarterly, yearly, or whatever, but there is a
cost to doing business that way...

Kevin

On Feb 8, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Paul Ward

We tend to get the maintenance company to down-grade the firmware to match what
we have for our aging hardware, before sending it to us.
I assume this isn’t an option?

Paul Ward
Technical Solutions Infrastructure Architect
Natural History Museum
T: 02079426450
E: p.w...@nhm.ac.uk<mailto:p.w...@nhm.ac.uk>