Hi,

I'd like to push for the release of the JCR Mapping tool as a
precondition of the discussed move to the Apache Jackrabbit project.

To get started I suggest we create a target release like "0.9" in Jira
and use it to track all the issues that should be solved before the
release. Browsing quickly through the current JCR Mapping issues it
seems that at least the following would be good candidates for a
release:

GRFT-40 Advanced support for JCR properties and node
GRFT-72 Bug in
org.apache.portals.graffito.jcr.persistence.atomictypeconverter.impl.UtilDateTypeConverterImpl
GRFT-74 Provide Readme's for subprojects jcr-mapping and jcr-nodemanagement
GRFT-84 ObjectConverterImpl wrong behavior when manipulating
autoCreate and protected properties
GRFT-99 ManageableCollectionUtil should not throw "unsupported"
JcrMapping exception
GRFT-106 Avoid INFINITE RECURSION when Object Model has cycles.

I have some spare cycles over the next few weeks, so I can participate
in making things happen.

BR,

Jukka Zitting