On Jan 28, 2008, at 8:32 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:55:34 +0100
From: Moritz Lennert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] d.histogram: x axis ticks labels fixed
To: Hamish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: GRASS developers list <grass-dev@lists.osgeo.org>

On 27/01/08 10:00, Hamish wrote:
Before we spend too much more time on this module, were there plans to
reimplement the module as a wxPython program using one of the python
plotting libs?

ISTR that we had this debate before, but I would plead for some basic
graphing functionality to remain available outside of the GUI. Now since we have decided that python is going to be the scripting language in the
future, it is probably reasonable to require it as dependency, but
please make sure that you can also get the results of d.histogram into a
ps/png file at the command line.

Moritz

Moritz,

For command line folks, can't you just pipe the results of r.stats into gnuplot? It would probably look better too.

Michael