On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 3:09 AM, Helena Mitasova <hmit...@ncsu.edu> wrote:

>>> d.rast -o landuse96_28m cat=1,2
>>> run in command console is interpreted as follows:
>>> Command 'd.rast -l -a -n -d -u -s -e -9 -6 -_ -2 -8 -m
>>> map=-o cat=1,2' failed
>>> Details: Sorry, <l> is not a valid flag
>>> Sorry, <a> is not a valid flag
>>> Sorry, <n> is not a valid flag
>>> Sorry, <d> is not a valid flag
>>> Sorry, <u> is not a valid flag
>>> Sorry, <s> is not a valid flag
>>> Sorry, <e> is not a valid flag
>>> Sorry, <9> is not a valid flag
>>> Sorry, <6> is not a valid flag
>>> Sorry, <_> is not a valid flag
>>> Sorry, <2> is not a valid flag
>>> Sorry, <8> is not a valid flag
>>> Sorry, <m> is not a valid flag
>>>
>>> d.rast landuse96_28m cat=1,2 -o works fine.
>>
>> I tried to fix it so it should work now. I hope I didn't break
>> something else, this is quite difficult to test.
>
> does this fix solve also the flags with d.vect? For example I get
> d.vect map=-c basin_50Kval

This should probably be  d.vect -c  map=basin_50Kval? This case works.
"d.vect map=-c basin_50Kval" is bad input and it would be difficult to
handle  all wrong inputs.

>> Command 'd.vect -b -a -s -i -n -_ -5 -0 -K -v -a -l map=-c'
>> failed
>> Details: Sorry, <b> is not a valid flag
>> Sorry, <s> is not a valid flag
>> Sorry, <n> is not a valid flag
>> Sorry, <_> is not a valid flag
>> Sorry, <5> is not a valid flag
>> Sorry, <0> is not a valid flag
>> Sorry, <K> is not a valid flag
>> Sorry, <l> is not a valid flag
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> I think I have written that the color fill on cutting planes does not work on
> windows - I tried it again and it works great,
> We just worked in class with wxnviz last week and we did not have any
> problems on 20+ computers and laptops
> running windows and Mac OSX, so that is fantastic, given how new the GUI is.

I'm glad to hear that.

> Also, this is the first year that I haven't seen many complaints about
> import/export of raster and vector data,
> so that is a great improvement too.
> The only comment I have seen so far was lack of Browse button when selecting
> the directory for v.out.ogr output,
> I am wondering whether it is intentional due to some technical issues or just
> an oversight,
> given that r.out.gdal has such option.

I don't know, the gui respects that the dsn option is string and not
file. There is probably some difference but someone would know this
better.

Anna