On 01/08/13 11:40, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
Michael:

What about just using r.rescale to rescale this?

Nikos:

Already tried (in the past) and I don't think it works from DCELL>   8-bit.
It seems to chew-up (silently, as Moritz mentioned I think among the
lines in ticket #2^11) values.

It seems that "integerising" manually, in this case, is the best approach.
With the essential question remaining on "how many fine digits should be
preserved?".

Moritz:

r.rescale is just a frontend to r.reclass. and as such is meant for CELL
maps. It should'nt make a difference whether it is 8-bit or more, though.

For DCELL you can try to use r.recode.

Didn't work also (tried the previous days) -- I can try again.

Please be more precise than "didn't work"...

Moritz