On 01/08/13 14:01, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
Moritz:
r.rescale is just a frontend to r.reclass. and as such is meant for
CELLmaps. It should'nt make a difference whether it is 8-bit or more,
though. For DCELL you can try to use r.recode.

Nikos:
Didn't work also (tried the previous days) -- I can try again.

Moritz:
Please be more precise than "didn't work"...

Nikos:
Right, "be more precise" is the key to "freedom" :D.  Indeed, I used to
say (either in a "rules" file, or directly using "...<<   EOF"
[..]
I altered the rules file like

0.001:1.0:0:255

This works-out!  Now, the recoded image is

r.recode in=Red_ToAR out=Red_ToAR_recoded_255 rules=recode_rules  --o
r.stats Red_ToAR_recoded_255

   100%

5
6
7
.
..
...  \
....>   Many values in-between
...  /
..
.
195
196
197
*

And the histogram looks "nice" as well. I didn't grasp that -- from
where
should I?  In the manual there is only an example from int to float
(however, indeed, instructing 0.1 as the "target" min value).

Moritz:
There does seem to be a bug in r.recode. Your first rule set should work
if you set the -d flag. Maybe you can file a ticket ?

Nikos:
Oh man... I need to rest.  The "-d" flag... that's it :-p

On the other hand, even if I would read it (because I did not read carefully
the --help before), it reads:

-d   Force output to 'double' raster map type (DCELL)

In this case I have a DCELL Input, recoding in to CELL Output.  How is this
related?

Sorry, you're right. Got mixed up with another problem I had when I tried to recode a 0:2047 image to 0.0:1.0. And even if -d solved my problem there AFAICT it shouldn't be necessary.

Trying to do too many things at the same time in the last hours before leaving on vacation !!

Moritz