On 03/06/16 12:36, Markus Neteler wrote:
On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Moritz Lennert
<mlenn...@club.worldonline.be> wrote:
[...]
I would announce the vote (and the procedure) via the mailing lists. That
way completely inactive contributors might not be informed, but that sounds
fine to me.

Yes, makes sense.

As time permits I'll draft an announcement and would like to receive
some proof reading support to avoid that I overlook something.

Still TODO: the number of slots to fill.
We have 3 current PSC members not standing for election and apparently
7 remaining/standing for election.

Do we want another how many being randomly selected? Or 3 is fine for
now and at the next round in 3 years randomly pick 50% or any other
mechanism?

Can't we just have a system where every 3 years we reelect the complete PSC, but people can be candidates for their own succession ? I'm not sure that there is such a rush of people for this job, but if there is, great. Then the election will actually be a real election ;-)

And I think that the risk that the entire PSC will be changed and that we find ourselves with a PSC full of newbies is quite low.

So, to summarize, my proposal would be:

- Election of the entire PSC every three years
- All people with SVN access have the right to vote
- Elections are announced on grass-dev and grass-user with a clear definition of procedure: - Anyone (or anyone with voting right ?) can nominate someone during a period of a few (4?) weeks - Possibly: those who are already in the PSC and stand for elections again do not need a nomination / can nominate themselves ?
        - Voting during 1 week
        - The ten candidates with the most votes make up the new PSC

Moritz