On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 8:22 PM, Stephen Sefick <sas0...@auburn.edu> wrote:
> I saw a paper on this list the other day, but have deleted the original
> email.  Is this the appropriate thing to cite when referring to GRASS GIS in
> a paper?

You may cite as this:

(from http://grass.osgeo.org/download/index.php)

*  GRASS Development Team, 2010. Geographic Resources Analysis Support
System (GRASS) Software, Version 6.4. Open Source Geospatial
Foundation. http://grass.osgeo.org
*  GRASS Development Team, 2010. Geographic Resources Analysis Support
System (GRASS) Programmer's Manual. Open Source Geospatial Foundation.
Electronic document: http://grass.osgeo.org/programming6/

Or the GRASS book:

* M. Neteler, H. Mitasova, Open Source GIS: A GRASS GIS Approach. 3rd
edition, Springer, 2008.

Or the new review paper (pages to be assigned soon):

* Neteler, M., Bowman, M.H., Landa, M. and Metz, M. (2012): GRASS GIS:
a multi-purpose Open Source GIS. Environmental Modelling & Software.
DOI 10.1016/j.envsoft.2011.11.014

Best
Markus