On 30/10/14 10:52, Markus Neteler wrote:
On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Moritz Lennert
<mlenn...@club.worldonline.be> wrote:
Hello,

I know that people work with entire GISDBASES on remote server, often via
NFS, but does anyone have experience with mounting only one mapset from a
remote server into a location on the local machine ?

Yes, we have. What is the specific question? :)

Any specific hints about possible difficulties ?

I am trying to figure out the best way to allow students to work on VHR-imagery in computer labs where their own sessions are limited in terms of disk space and where the file server is normally read-only for students.

Moritz