> On Feb 22, 2015, at 9:22 PM, Michael Barton <michael.bar...@asu.edu> wrote:
>
> To help me understand, I have a couple of questions below.
>
>>> As for the other issues, I'll respond
>>>
>>> 1. There IS a link to the Kyngchaos frameworks page in the menu on the
>>> right side that shows up on every page. On that frameworks page, it is
>>> clearly stated that PROJ and UnixImageIO are a part of the GDAL Complete
>>> package
>>>
>>> 2. AFAIK, the order of installing the main frameworks packages makes no
>>> difference. The ones for which order matters are included in GDAL Complete.
>>> If I am wrong here, please let me know and I will put a note on the site.
>>
>> On the main download page it does not state anything about installation
>> order. I did not install GDAL first. Then I got several other errors. If it
>> happened to me, I can only assume it will happen to others.
>
> Do you mean you had problems because you installed GRASS before the
> frameworks or because you installed other frameworks before GDAL Complete?

The latter. I installed GRASS last.

>> 3. No one has ever reported this permissions issue so far. I don't know what
>> is causing it in this case (unless it is new for 7.0 stable).  AFAIK, the
>> only permissions issue is the need to have a writeable director called "bin"
>> inside the GRASS folder if you are installing extensions. This is a weird
>> quirk of the extensions build system on the Mac. If there is a new
>> permissions issue for 7.0 stable, it needs to be reported. But I have built
>> it in exactly the same way as I've built all other builds recently.
>>
>> It has actually happened with the betas for me I just neglected to report
>> it. As it is, the package leaves a folder that the user will not have
>> permission to access. This should not be a difficult thing to reproduce or
>> fix. I would suspect that the folder is owned by root because root
>> permissions are required to install, and you likely just need to clean up
>> the permissions as I suggested.
>
> It does not require root access to install, just administrator access.

Sorry for the oversimplification; thats what I meant.

> Which is the folder lacking permissions? /Applications/GRASS?

Correct, here are the installed permissions:

        drwx------   3 503     wheel    102 Feb 22 14:09 GRASS

> Is this perhaps a function of the new "feature" in OSX that puts roadblocks
> for running things not downloaded from the app store?

No, I don’t get a security warning. That folder just needs permissions set to
755 or similar at the end of the install…

Sorry for not mentioning sooner.

Best,

Jeshua Lacock
Founder/Engineer