On Wed, 21 Sep 2016, Micha Silver wrote:

The r.proj module has a flag to get the new resolution settings when
reprojection data from one LOCATION to another. Before reprojecting the
map from ** unknown (default: WGS84) ** to nad83harn, try r.proj -g. Then
use those parameters to set the region in the new CRS/LOCATION. That will
leave you with the same number of row and columns in the new projection.
Then you'll need to do r.proj again to get the raster reprojected with
these new region settings.

Micha,

  Thank you. I did not recognize the value of coordinating resolutions when
re-projecting data. I'll back up and re-do all the data today.

Much appreciated,

Rich