From: Helmut Kudrnovsky [hel...@web.de]
Sent: 11 February 2018 16:13
To: Dinarzarde Raheem
Cc: grass-user@lists.osgeo.org; Paulo van Breugel
Subject: Aw: RE: [GRASS-user] Issue with addon r.vif in MS Windows GUI
installations (stand-alone v. 7.2.2 and 7.0.5)

>Gesendet: Sonntag, 11. Februar 2018 um 16:36 Uhr
>Von: "Dinarzarde Raheem" <d.rah...@nhm.ac.uk>
>I tried GRASS GIS versions 7.4.0 (current stable) and GRASS GIS 7.2.2 (old
>stable) but can't see r.vif listed under Addons in the Modules tab (see
>attached >screenshot).

you have to click on the + before "Raster" to open the tree of installable
raster addons.

>One thing I noticed is that when you re-install Grass and then install r.vif
>you get this message:
>(Sun Feb 11 16:29:48 2018)
>g.extension extension=r.vif url=
>WARNING: Extension <r.vif> already installed. Re-installing...
>Downloading precompiled GRASS Addons <r.vif>...
>Updating addons metadata file...
>Installation of <r.vif> successfully finished
>(Sun Feb 11 16:29:57 2018) Command finished (9 sec)

yes, it's an obvious message as you install the script from the server over the
local copy.

>I guess by tomorrow the new version of r.vif should be available via the
>server so will try again tomorrow.

the new version is already on the server and should be installable by
g.extension, see

for winGRASS7.5.svn daily:
https://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass75/x86_64/addons/grass-7.5.svn/

for  winGRASS7.4.0: