I have precipitation data for all stations within a county. The geographic
coordinates of the source are lon/lat. These were imported to a lon/lat
directory using v.in.ogr then reprojected (v.proj) to the standard state
projection (EPSG 2838).

  I want to run spatial analyses on these data in R using the state
projection coordinates, so I used db.out.ogr and was surprised to see the
output is still in lon/lat. The project directory's PROJ_INFO led me to
believe the attribute database values should be converted, but they're not.

  Do I run proj.4 on the command line to transform the lon/lat to EPSG 2838
or can I do this within grass7.x?

Rich